A merger is a legal consolidation of two entities into one whereas an acquisition occurs when one entity takes ownership of another entity’s shares, equity interests or assets. Both types of transactions will generally result in the consolidation of assets and liabilities under one entity.
There are various methods under Cyprus law for acquisition, mergers, schemes of arrangement and compulsory acquisitions of minority shareholdings.
We are able to provide advice and assistance regarding the above and also with regards to:
- acquisition of another company or assets
- drafting relevant documents for the regulator and relevant authorities, if public companies are involved
- negotiating and drafting joint venture agreements, subscription and shareholders agreements
- conducting legal due diligence
- if restructuring is necessary, drafting any restructuring application and appear before the court for the approval
- provide general legal advice on corporate, regulatory, competition and employment law matters